none
MININT and _SMSTaskSequence folders are creating in C:\ drive after deployment RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I m using MDT 8450 and ADK and WinPE add-on for 1809 OS.

I captured the image using MDT.

Imported the captured image into MDT.

Crated the TS. edited the Unattend file and added only OOBE under

Under OOBE I enabled EULA, Hide Online account, Protect PC 3 etc., my requirement is user has to choose region, keyboard, enter the Work or school account\Local account (if no network).

I modified the TS with above requirement and deploying the image. deployment went successful however if I go to C:\ drive, it is showing below folders and file created.

C:\_SMSTaskSequence (folder)

C:\MININT (folder)

C:\LTIBootstrap.vbs (file)

when I check the BDD.log it is showing message that.

If there is a drive letter defined, make sure we clear it now so we can *force* recalcutation.

Property OSDTargetDriveCache is now = DIRTY

LTI initiating task sequence-requested reboot.  this is the last line in BDD.log

TS not completing and not cleaning up the things.

if I use default TS unattend file (without modifying) folders are not creating and it is directly logging with local admin account which is not my requirement.

please update me about this issue. this is frustrating me for long time.

Thank you.

Monday, April 8, 2019 9:23 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Those directories are creating as Deployment is not completing successfully. From the Message shown in BDD.log It seems that some of the Applications and custom steps are preventing TaskSequence to complete the Installation that requires computer need to restart. Please review the BDD.log and Add the Steps Restart Computer to avoid this. 

Monday, April 8, 2019 10:33 AM
  • Hi

Thank you for the update.

I do not have any applications in my TS. even I disabled Install application step also in TS.

mine is simple image. I m not installing any applications, no bit locker. no custom steps.

just default TS, only modification is added my custom WIM file in Install OS step.

Please suggest on this.

Thank you.

Monday, April 8, 2019 1:49 PM
  • I do not getting TS error. my deployment completeting successfully.

Once deployment completed and checked the C:\drive. it is showing those folders are existed.

Monday, April 8, 2019 1:53 PM
  • Hi All,

Any help on this,

actually after I created the TS, I modifying the unatted file by going to OSinfo tab->edit unattend.

I keeping only OOBE and removing othet things like Autologon etc.,

if I keep Auto logon and running folders are not creating.

however it is not prompting for me to enter online account\Windows local account

it is directly logging with local admin account. I do not want this.

I need to enter my user name and password during os setup. it should prompt for me. in OOBE I make false Hide Online account. still machine logging with local adminaccount

how to achieve this. 

Wednesday, April 10, 2019 3:59 PM
  • Do you have, at the end of your CustomSettings Rules,

FinishAction=Reboot

Try adding this to your CS.ini, at the very bottom, which will prompt you to click Finish. By design, the MDT folders should then be removed during the final reboot (which is what Finish does).

As an added measure, just above FinishAction=Reboot add this:

SkipFinalSummary=NO

This shows a status of the task, whether it succeeded or ran into issues.

Monday, April 15, 2019 5:41 PM
  • Hi,

Thank you for the update.

I tried with above options. deployment is successful. however still folders are creating in C:\drive.

MININT

_SMSTaskSequnce.

I need OOBE to apply after OS deployment (like Welcome screen etc.,)

if I use default unattend file which is created with TS. folders are not creating however it is directly logging into the local admin account.

if i using my unattend file it is creating folders in C:\drive.

bdd.log showing

Command completed, return code = -2147021886

Property LTIDirty is now = FALSE

If there is a drive letter defined, make sure we clear it now so we can *force* recalcutation.

Property OSDTargetDriveCache is now = DIRTY

LTI initiating task sequence-requested reboot.

Friday, April 19, 2019 11:59 AM