full screen mode in flash player RRS feed

• Question

• hello can anyone help  i am using abode flash player 10 on vista pre everything is working fine except for the full screen mode for when i click for full screen instead of the image filling the full screen it goes in a 4:3 mode instead of 16:9 mode so i'm left with silly grey bars down the left and right hand sides of my screen only with flash i have checked my media player settings and they are fine i have called microsoft via telephone and they could not fix it and suggested i try this i have also tried to contact abode and they said they do not offer support for flash player after instilation any help would be grateful so i can watch in full screen mode thanks

Monday, October 6, 2008 3:07 PM

Answers

• Hi, the Windows Vista Setup forum is for general Windows Vista installation issue only. Please do not post the third-party software question in this area. For your information, please submit a new thread to Adobe Online Forums <http://www.adobe.com/support/forums/#product>. Thanks for your understanding!

Wednesday, October 8, 2008 6:55 AM

All replies

• Hi, the Windows Vista Setup forum is for general Windows Vista installation issue only. Please do not post the third-party software question in this area. For your information, please submit a new thread to Adobe Online Forums <http://www.adobe.com/support/forums/#product>. Thanks for your understanding!

Wednesday, October 8, 2008 6:55 AM
  • firstly andy, as an MSFT i am a little dissapointed your information is not very helpful as i'm trying to establish if the error is with the third party product or if it is with a set up issue regarding my configuration settings if you had bothered to read my thread correctly instead of just trying to push it along as solved in order to gain extra credit for the year for your mst is inproper conduct you would have noticed that a call centre microsoft advisor was the one who told me to use this thread for a resolution as i also stated in my thread. if your just going through all of technets threads to deal with the easy ones and push others away rather than listen and try to establish a resolve for browny points please stop as that is quite sad i would also say to anyone else who reads your replys to really check the validilty of them

Wednesday, October 8, 2008 11:11 AM
  • Since Flash player 10 is the third-party application and your issue is mostly caused by its own settings, we Microsoft could not get enough information from their provider and are unable to provide support to their product. You'd better submit a new thread to the forum provided in the previous post to solve this issue in a timely manner. Please understand that I do not mean to bounce you between supports; I just want to involve enough resource and direct you to the right channel to resolve this problem quickly. Thanks for your time !

Thursday, October 9, 2008 10:02 AM
  • As you are a MSFT one channel to attempt, for a resolve would be assistance in how to reconfigure windows media player settings so to eliminate Microsoft from any error then i would know if the fault was with the third party or with Microsoft. And when i say Microsoft i do not in anyway mean that there is a fault with Microsoft as it is My system My laptop so the fault is mine in not having the know how in how to configure a Microsoft product correctly. This is where MSFT's and MVP's are of the most improtance and are rewarded as such, i feel a good MVP or MSFT would have read any thread professionally and seen in the thread 1. the problem  2. the products involed  3.what has been done so far  4.a possible cause/solution. Andy, all of the above information i provide to you in my original thread but in your haste you have ignored this information not once but twice a professional response would have been....

i.e Dear sir/madam, thank you for using Microsoft Technet in trying to locate a solution, I see that you are having trouble with viewing media and are not sure were there is a problem lets check that all of your settings for your media player are correct by ......... if after that test the problem is still there then please locate the third party's solution center (web site link is here) hope this resolves the issue have a good day and thanks for using MIcrosoft.

Friday, October 10, 2008 10:16 AM
  • You only had the problem in Adobe Flash player software instead of Windows Media Player. Microsoft has already directed you to the correct area and i really don't know why you need have MSFT to resolve your Adobe issue; i thought that it is your fault!

Monday, October 13, 2008 3:06 AM
  • Hello,

If you'd like to reset Windows Media player first, please follow the instructions below.

Reset Windows Media Player

Warning Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly by using Registry Editor or by using another method. These problems might require that you reinstall the operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that these problems can be solved. Modify the registry at your own risk.

1. Log on as an administrator.

2. Click Start, type cmd in the Start Search text box, right-click cmd.exe, click Run as administrator, and then click Continue.

3. An the command prompt, copy and paste "regsvr32 wmp.dll" (without the quotation marks), and then click OK.

4. Start Notepad.

5. Paste the following text into Notepad:

REGEDIT4 [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{CD3AFA71-B84F-48F0-9393-7EDC34128127}\ProgID] @="WMP11.AssocFile.WMZ"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{CD3AFA72-B84F-48F0-9393-7EDC34128127}\ProgID] @="WMP11.AssocFile.AIFF"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{CD3AFA73-B84F-48F0-9393-7EDC34128127}\ProgID] @="WMP11.AssocFile.AU"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{CD3AFA74-B84F-48F0-9393-7EDC34128127}\ProgID] @="WMP11.AssocFile.MIDI"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{CD3AFA76-B84F-48F0-9393-7EDC34128127}\ProgID] @="WMP11.AssocFile.MP3"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{CD3AFA77-B84F-48F0-9393-7EDC34128127}\ProgID] @="WMP11.AssocFile.MP3"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{CD3AFA78-B84F-48F0-9393-7EDC34128127}\ProgID] @="WMP11.AssocFile.M3U"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{CD3AFA7B-B84F-48F0-9393-7EDC34128127}\ProgID] @="WMP11.AssocFile.WAV"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{CD3AFA83-B84F-48F0-9393-7EDC34128127}\ProgID] @="WMP11.AssocFile.WAX"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{CD3AFA84-B84F-48F0-9393-7EDC34128127}\ProgID] @="WMP11.AssocFile.WMA"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{CD3AFA88-B84F-48F0-9393-7EDC34128127}\ProgID] @="WMP11.AssocFile.AVI"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{CD3AFA89-B84F-48F0-9393-7EDC34128127}\ProgID] @="WMP11.AssocFile.MPEG"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{CD3AFA8F-B84F-48F0-9393-7EDC34128127}\ProgID] @="WMP11.AssocFile.ASX"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{CD3AFA90-B84F-48F0-9393-7EDC34128127}\ProgID] @="WMP11.AssocFile.ASX"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{CD3AFA92-B84F-48F0-9393-7EDC34128127}\ProgID] @="WMP11.AssocFile.ASF"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{CD3AFA93-B84F-48F0-9393-7EDC34128127}\ProgID] @="WMP11.AssocFile.ASX"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{CD3AFA94-B84F-48F0-9393-7EDC34128127}\ProgID] @="WMP11.AssocFile.WMV"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{CD3AFA95-B84F-48F0-9393-7EDC34128127}\ProgID] @="WMP11.AssocFile.WVX"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{EE4DA6A4-8C52-4a63-BBB8-97C93D7E1B6C}\ProgID] @="WMP11.AssocFile.WMD"

6. Save the file as VistaWMPFix.reg.

7. Start Registry Editor.

8. Click File, and then click Import.

9. Select the VistaWMPFix.reg file that you created in step 6, and then click OK.

Good Luck!

Monday, October 13, 2008 3:27 AM
  • DEAR  Z&Z,

Nice of you to join this thread, and i am very grateful to anyone who attemps to find a resolve to this issue. However, in order to give any further assistance i would request that you re-read the first thread again to aid in your understanding of what was written and how to understand its meaning i will try my best to brake it down to layman terms,

1.originally the problem was just with abode flash

2.after paying for phone support it was established that the problem is also with media player 11

3.the point i refer to (as being my fault) was a legal suggeston directed to the MSFT that was aidding to resolve this issue,(which you are not in either case)-meaning in no way am i trying to blame Microsoft for the fault as i am aware that it is a configuration issue which is my fault, second meaning is to show understanding towards the MSFT and MVP team for constantly aiding all of us as without them we all would truley be lost -AS TO MANY PEOPLE ARE TO QUICK TO MISREAD/MISCONFIGURE THEIR OWN O/S SYSTEM THEN COME ONTO A THREAD AND SAY BAD THINGS ABOUT MICROSOFT AND SAY THEY ARE GOING TO MAC! IF THEY UNDERSTOOD THAT ALL OF MICROSOFT PRODUCTS ARE MADE TO A VERY HIGH STANDARD FROM A VERY DEADICATED FAMILY AND FOR A PROBLEM TO OCCUR IS DUE TO THIRD PARTY PRODCUTS-HENSE MY UNDERSTANDING IN THIS AREA IT IS MY FAULT NOT MICROSOFTS I JUST NEED ASSISTANCE IN CORRECTING THIS ERROR I hope this clears things up for you if you would like any further assistance in understanding or reading threads then please ask myself or evan better start tour own thread for assistance thank you

Monday, October 13, 2008 1:50 PM
  • Dear Andy,

thank you getting back to me so quickly,due to the fact of having limited o/s knowledge i had a microsoft technictian via remote assistance attempt what you had sent . However this still is not a fix for widescreen issuse in windows media player 11 all of the codec's are installed and it does work fine just this issue of not being able to view full screen correctly without bars down both sides of my p.c it truley has not only myself but also the higher tech guys at microsoft hense that they are still researching this and is also why they sent me here as it will take some time so in the mean time the thought i might have found a solution here quicker, we hqave also reinstalled the o/s from clean thanks for trying and any futher help appart from already suggested would be most helpful thank you

Monday, October 13, 2008 1:59 PM