none
MAP Scheduled Task

Question

• Is it possible to create a scheduled task for Microsoft Assessment & Planning toolkit to carry out a regular inventory of clients (Windows Computers/Active Directory discovery).  We have a highly mobile workforce and need to run regular captures to grab the inventory data.

Thanks

Simon

Monday, February 1, 2016 12:13 PM

All replies

• Hi Simon,

Unfortunately MAP is unable to do this out of the box. Reason is that it does not re-scan already scanned devices.
    This is what differentiates it from "agent-ed" inventory tools. It does not update device records it simply takes a capture of devices at a point in time and skips all already scanned.

For MAP to collect completely new inventory at a different time (lets say in a week from now) you would then need to create a new inventory DB and perform the scan again with the same configuration parameters. 

"We have a highly mobile workforce and need to run regular captures to grab the inventory data."

Additional problem you have here is that there would be no automated way off comparing current collection to any of the previous ones, for trends or any other analysis, except for manually producing reports and crunching numbers. 

Many of our clients use MAP and this (not being able to schedule) is a drawback that frequently comes up in our conversations. On the other issue we however extract data from MAP on each collection and load it into our system and are this way able to produce analysis reports and look at historical trends.

Hope this answer helps clear it up.

Tuesday, February 2, 2016 4:57 PM
  • Simon,

We have build a solution for automating the MAP scans by means of a screen scraper alike. It can be scheduled via any scheduler at any time.

Please mail me if you want further details.

Kind regards,

Filip Lauwereys (filipDOTlauwereysATsam-liveDOTcom)

Thursday, February 25, 2016 12:40 AM
  • Hi Filip,

i'm interested on the tool can you provide me your email address?

best regards

TOMMY

• Edited by tommy87111 Thursday, April 19, 2018 5:54 AM
    Thursday, April 19, 2018 5:53 AM
  • Hi @Filip, Could you share your relevant solution with us on
    Thursday, May 10, 2018 9:22 AM
  • Simon,

Hemos desarrollado una solución para automatizar los escaneos MAP por medio de un raspador de pantalla. Se puede programar a través de cualquier planificador en cualquier momento

Por favor, envíeme un correo si desea más detalles.

Saludos cordiales,

Filip Lauwereys (filipDOTlauwereysATsam-liveDOTcom)

Buenas tardes.

Me regala nuevamente el correo por favor àra realizar los escaneos de forma automática. Gracias

Thursday, May 10, 2018 2:45 PM