none
Get Exchange server url without credentials

Question

• Hi folks,

I would like to ask if it is possible to get the Exchange server url via AutoDiscover service when I only have one's email address but not the credentials?

Can I use the realm field in the www-authenticate header as the server url when doing a realm autodiscovery?

Many thanks!

• Edited by sleung496 Tuesday, July 3, 2018 6:45 PM
    Tuesday, July 3, 2018 5:51 PM

All replies

• Hi Sleung,

No, its in best interest of the security, that the app or the tool is aware of this information ahead of time or if they want to know it automatically they better authenticate and prove they are eligible to get this info.

Autodiscover services in Outlook

When a user's Exchange information changes, Outlook uses the Autodiscover service to automatically reconfigure the user's profile. For example, if a user's mailbox is moved. or the client can't connect to the user's mailbox or to available Exchange features, Outlook will contact the Autodiscover service and automatically update the user's profile to include the information that's required to connect to the mailbox and Exchange features.

Regards,

Satyajit

Please “Vote As Helpful” if you find my contribution useful or “Mark As Answer” if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you.

Saturday, July 7, 2018 3:16 PM