SharePoint 2007 - How can I add a recurring holiday for 2 days such as Thanksgiving and the day after? RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to add a recurring holiday event for Thanksgiving and the day after Thanksgiving.  It normally works to say it repeats yearly on the fourth Thursday in November and the fourth Friday in November.  For 2013, it does not work in SharePoint or Outlook as the fourth Friday in November actually falls the week before Thanksgiving.  Example: November year 2013 - Thanksgiving is November 28th (fourth Thursday) and the fourth Friday is actually November 22nd. 

Is there a way to actually schedule a recurring yearly two day holiday/event to start on say Thursday and continue to the next day?  Presently the only workaround I have found is to manually change the inaccurate Friday's date. 

Friday, November 19, 2010 2:55 PM

All replies

• In Outlook, you could create it as one event spanning two days. Unfortunately, SharePoint doesn't support multi-day recurring events so your best option will be to manually (or programmatically) create recurrence exceptions for the invalid dates.

Wade Hunter MCP/MCTS - WSS 3.0, MOSS 2007, SharePoint 2010
    Thursday, November 25, 2010 5:18 PM