Endpoint Protection error during installation RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, i've problem with EP 2012.

SCCM Client was installed succesfully but EndpointProtection...

form LOG [EndpointProtectionAgent.log]:

<![LOG[Service startup notification received]LOG]!><time="11:05:41.488-60" date="11-28-2012" component="EndpointProtectionAgent" context="" type="1" thread="1028" file="fepsettingendpoint.cpp:234">

<![LOG[Endpoint is triggered by CCMTask Execute.]LOG]!><time="11:05:41.598-60" date="11-28-2012" component="EndpointProtectionAgent" context="" type="1" thread="2572" file="fepsettingendpoint.cpp:208">
    <![LOG[Deployment WMI is NOT ready.]LOG]!><time="11:05:41.598-60" date="11-28-2012" component="EndpointProtectionAgent" context="" type="1" thread="2572" file="epagentimpl.cpp:620">

Could you help me?

Wednesday, November 28, 2012 11:44 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi

I hope you already enabled endpoint protection agent in either Default Client Setting policy or custom policy. If its a custom policy then it must be deployed to a collection.

Share the complete log file as there is no error reported in your log file. Apart from this, did you find below parameter in EndpointProtectionAgent.log file

Create Process Command line: "C:\Windows\ccmsetup\SCEPInstall.exe

When did you intiate the installation because sometime it may take sometime to trigger the actual installation.

Cheers | Navdeep Sidhu

Wednesday, November 28, 2012 12:10 PM
  • There is no more text in this log.

SCEPInstall.exe in command line? I've no idea about proper parameters.

I can install it mannually but after that in SCCM console EP is not enabled - can i repair it?

• Edited by Wak19b Wednesday, November 28, 2012 12:28 PM
    Wednesday, November 28, 2012 12:17 PM
  • When did you intiate the installation because it may take sometime to trigger the actual installation & you will get more details in the same log file.

In my case, it took more than 1 hour to begin the installation even though I triggered policies manually at the client end so many times.

There is no need to install it manually because it will not serve the purpose!

Cheers | Navdeep Sidhu

Wednesday, November 28, 2012 12:34 PM
  • ok, but what next? Should i unninstall EP mannualy and wait for any logs?
    Wednesday, November 28, 2012 12:40 PM
  • If its not installed then you can't perform uninstallation..I would rather suggest to wait for the logs

Cheers | Navdeep Sidhu

Wednesday, November 28, 2012 12:52 PM
  • after 8 hours no more logs
    • Edited by Wak19b Wednesday, November 28, 2012 1:24 PM
    Wednesday, November 28, 2012 1:15 PM
  • Are you using Default Client Setting Policy or a custom policy?

Did you try to intiate Machine Policy Retrieval and Evaluation Cycle manually & then check the same log file.

Also ensure that the machines on which you are trying to deploy are healthy & in approved state.

Cheers | Navdeep Sidhu

Wednesday, November 28, 2012 1:41 PM
  • Is the problem that SCEP is not installed or that the console does not show it enabled? They are two vastly different things. Just because the console does not show it as enabled does not mean it is not installed on the client.

Jason | http://blog.configmgrftw.com

Wednesday, November 28, 2012 2:03 PM
  • Is the problem that SCEP is not installed or that the console does not show it enabled? They are two vastly different things. Just because the console does not show it as enabled does not mean it is not installed on the client.

Jason | http://blog.configmgrftw.com

SCEP not installed. After that i manually installed it - from c:\windows\ccmsetup\SCEPInstall.exe

Machine Policy Retrieval and Evaluation Cycle... I pressed it so many times with no results.

I've noticed in my ConfigPanel->ConfigManager there are only two options:

• Edited by Wak19b Wednesday, November 28, 2012 3:43 PM
    Wednesday, November 28, 2012 3:34 PM
  • As per above snap shot, either the SCCM client not installed properly or it is not approved in SCCM console.

In order to approve this client, you need to right click the header bar and selecting Approved from the drop down menu. You should get a new column in you overview that either says Not Approved or Approved. Then you can approve that client & after doing that, you should able to view lot of actions items.

Else you can try to reinstall the SCCM client & check ccmsetup.log for any errors during client installation. This is the reason why SCEP is not getting installed through SCCM.

Cheers | Navdeep Sidhu

Wednesday, November 28, 2012 3:50 PM
  • As per above snap shot, either the SCCM client not installed properly or it is not approved in SCCM console.

In order to approve this client, you need to right click the header bar and selecting Approved from the drop down menu. You should get a new column in you overview that either says Not Approved or Approved. Then you can approve that client & after doing that, you should able to view lot of actions items.

Else you can try to reinstall the SCCM client & check ccmsetup.log for any errors during client installation. This is the reason why SCEP is not getting installed through SCCM.

Cheers | Navdeep Sidhu

Great! After "approve" i have a lot of actions items in my ConfigurationManager. SCEP client download excluded files, procesess etc but in SCCM console EP is not enabled.

• Edited by Wak19b Wednesday, November 28, 2012 4:58 PM
    Wednesday, November 28, 2012 4:56 PM
  • I hope endpoint protection client option is enabled in client setting policy & it is deployed to the collection in which your client presents.

Did SCEP install at remote clients now?

What does EndpointProtectionAgent.log file say?

Cheers | Navdeep Sidhu

Wednesday, November 28, 2012 5:09 PM
  • Examine ClientIDManagerStartup.log on the client(s).

Torsten Meringer | http://www.mssccmfaq.de

Wednesday, November 28, 2012 5:24 PM
  • ClientIDManagerStartup.log without errors.

EndpointProtectionAgent.log:EP version 2.2.903.0 is already installed.

Expected Version 2.2.903.0 is exactly same with installed version 2.2.903.0. AM Policy XML is ready. Handle EP Deployment Policy.

• Edited by Wak19b Thursday, November 29, 2012 5:26 AM
    Thursday, November 29, 2012 5:25 AM
  • So as per the logs, SCEP is installed at the client machine. You may try to open SCEP console at the client end to validate.

Cheers | Navdeep Sidhu

Thursday, November 29, 2012 9:26 AM
  • ok, but i can't do anything from sccm console to control EP.
    Thursday, November 29, 2012 9:38 AM
  • What do you mean by control EP from SCCM console? What kind of issue is being faced by you? 

Do you have sufficient permissions at your account for EP management

Cheers | Navdeep Sidhu

Thursday, November 29, 2012 10:17 AM
  • I have administrative permissions and i mean this:

• Edited by Wak19b Thursday, November 29, 2012 11:09 AM
    Thursday, November 29, 2012 11:06 AM
  • Can you please recheck again at client end because this EP option gets enabled in SCCM console as soon as EP client gets deployed at the client.

Cheers | Navdeep Sidhu

Thursday, November 29, 2012 11:37 AM
  • 24hours and two system restarts later.

nothing has changed... any idea?

• Edited by Wak19b Friday, November 30, 2012 8:58 AM
    Friday, November 30, 2012 8:57 AM
  • There might be some configuration issue w.r.t Endpoint Protection. Kindly go through below link which depicts the complete EP configuration in CM12. This will help you to understand.

http://www.windows-noob.com/forums/index.php?/topic/6106-using-system-center-2012-configuration-manager-part-6-adding-the-endpoint-protection-role-configure-alerts-and-custom-antimalware-policies/

Cheers | Navdeep Sidhu

• Proposed as answer by Garth JonesMVP Sunday, December 30, 2012 5:20 PM
    • Marked as answer by Garth JonesMVP Saturday, January 12, 2013 5:25 PM
    Friday, November 30, 2012 10:46 AM