AppV 4.6 Sp2 and Streaming from SCCM 2012 Sp1 RRS feed

• Question

• We are ramping up with our Windows 7 migration, using SCCM, and I am trying to figure the best way to deal with our call centers and their usage of several AppV apps.  We have been using SCCM to download and and run locally, and with SCCM 2012 we didn't change anything.  But since our call center users need to be up and running as soon as possible, I was looking at changing from Download content from distribution point and run locally to Stream Content from Distribution point. 

I have setup a test and made sure that the only deployment option selected for for streaming yet the behavior is still download and run locally.  I have watched the SCCM cache be created and the shortcut not appearing until the download is completed.

I am not the SCCM admin, but am working with him and am trying to figure out why the behavior is not what I expect.  Any help would be appreciated.  The app works fine when downloaded and run locally, but there is a timing issue since we are deploying to the user.

Tuesday, October 29, 2013 5:25 PM

All replies

• Hello,

This means the deployment is set to download and import it into the App-V cache.

You can have the setting different depending if the client is considered to be on a slow boundary or a fast boundary. I would verify which boundary type the client is to be considered to be in, and what the deployment says the client should do within such a boundary

Nicke Källén | The Knack| Twitter: @Znackattack

• Edited by znack Wednesday, October 30, 2013 6:10 AM cache
    Tuesday, October 29, 2013 5:47 PM