none
DPM 2010 chane Replica path for SYS-State BMR RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All

I'm new to DPM2010. I have an existing DPM 2010 on W2K8 up and running.

When I add a new server for protection it failes on the sys-state and BMR.

It says that the replica path points to the "C" drive on the DPM server but I'm out of room.

Can I cange the path from "C" to "E" (900gb free)?

Now I can rebuild the protection group no problem but I just cant see where to tell it to use "E" and not "C".

Ideas?

Monday, March 19, 2012 2:09 PM

Answers

• Hi,

DPM does not store protected data on the C: volume of the DPM server the replica path is actually a mountpoint. There should be an alert for the failed backup and there should be a link to "modify disk allocation" so you can add more space to the replica volume for that systemstate data source.  If the alert was inactivated, then just right-click the systemstate data source under the protection group, then select the modify disk allocation option.  Add more space to the replica volume and then run a Consistency check. 

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, April 3, 2012 2:30 AM

All replies

• Can you tell us which message is shown in the DPM console?

That could help us troubleshoot your problem.

Monday, March 19, 2012 2:27 PM
  • Update

the DPM console just says "Replica is Inconsistent" it's so vauge, but I do know I'm out of space on "C" of the DPM server and the "C" of the protected servers have 20+gb free space.

When I check the replica path for "Destination (DPM Server) its the "C" drive that is out of space.

Monday, March 19, 2012 2:34 PM
  • Hi,

DPM does not store protected data on the C: volume of the DPM server the replica path is actually a mountpoint. There should be an alert for the failed backup and there should be a link to "modify disk allocation" so you can add more space to the replica volume for that systemstate data source.  If the alert was inactivated, then just right-click the systemstate data source under the protection group, then select the modify disk allocation option.  Add more space to the replica volume and then run a Consistency check. 

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, April 3, 2012 2:30 AM