Microsoft Office Standard 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• I'm getting notified of incoming email, but when I click the message in Outlook the body is blank. If I click Reply, then Format Text, and click the show hidden formatting symbols, the entire message appears in all caps, with the formatting symbols. When I use the mail client on my iPhone I do see the body of the message.
    Thursday, January 11, 2018 5:28 PM

All replies

• I'm getting notified of incoming email, but when I click the message in Outlook the body is blank. If I click Reply, then Format Text, and click the show hidden formatting symbols, the entire message appears in all caps, with the formatting symbols. When I use the mail client on my iPhone I do see the body of the message.

Hi tstroh,

Does the issue happen to one specific incoming email or all messages? What's your detailed mail format in Outlook?

I suggest you can logon your webmail, check the received emails in Inbox on webpage, confirm if the message body is displayed correctly when reading or replying.

In Outlook 2013 client, click File > Options > Mail, under Replies and forwards, make sure the original message text is included when replying.

Additionally, please try to open Outlook in safe mode, then check if the message content is blank when you open the incoming email. To start Outlook safe mode, please follow:
    Press Win+R to open Run in Windows, type Outlook /safe, press Enter.

Best Regards,
    Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, January 12, 2018 7:12 AM
  • Hi,

I am checking the status of this issue. Do you have any update for it?
    If my reply is helpful to this question, please remember to mark it as answer. Your action would be helpful to other users who encounter the same issue and read this thread. Thanks for your understanding. 

Best Regards,
    Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, January 24, 2018 9:31 AM