none
Drive letters missing RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have a 2 node Windows cluster. I have added three new local disks each that will not be part of the cluster.

One node A I have given them M,N and P drive letters.

When I go onto node B and try to do the same it will not let me use these drive letters.

Have I done this wrong?

Regards

Sam

Monday, August 24, 2015 10:38 AM

Answers

• Hi Umesh

Thank you for your help, I have managed to do this using DISKPART, but when using the wizard to create a new partition the drive letter drop down was missing M,N and P.

Regards

Sam

• Marked as answer by SG_87 Monday, August 24, 2015 3:04 PM
    Monday, August 24, 2015 11:21 AM

All replies

• Hi Sam,

When I go onto node B and try to do the same it will not let me use these drive letters.

Are you sure it is not shared disks? What is the error message you get?

-Umesh.S.K

Monday, August 24, 2015 10:55 AM
  • Hi

Yes all 6 disks are currently online, the three working disks show me the drive letters, when I check the three disks on node B they are showing as online but the unallocated is showing the same as capacity.

I am not getting an error message, but when I use the wizard and click on the drop down menu it is not showing these disks. Is there a way I can do this in command prompt or powershell?

Thanks

Sam

Monday, August 24, 2015 11:04 AM
  • Hi Sam,

I am not able to view what you are trying to do. Can you provide us the screenshot please?

-Umesh.S.K

Monday, August 24, 2015 11:10 AM
  • Hi Umesh

Thank you for your help, I have managed to do this using DISKPART, but when using the wizard to create a new partition the drive letter drop down was missing M,N and P.

Regards

Sam

• Marked as answer by SG_87 Monday, August 24, 2015 3:04 PM
    Monday, August 24, 2015 11:21 AM
  • Hi Sam,

Glad to hear you solved the issue :)

-Umesh.S.K

Monday, August 24, 2015 11:24 AM
  • Can you list the exact steps you took?
    Monday, August 24, 2015 6:36 PM