none
File based MAs and the default file pickup directory RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Can someone tell me if it's possible to configure FIM to grab the CSV file from a File based MA from a different directory other than the default "Program Files\Microsoft Forefront Identity Manager\2010\Synchronization Service\MaData\<MA Name>" drectory?

Ideally I would like FIM to be able to query a network share.

Thanks

IT Support/Everything

Thursday, April 17, 2014 2:11 PM

Answers

• Hi,

By Default File-Based MA are configured to pick file from Default Directory only. We can not select file from any different location. I also had same issue with one of my customer and what i did suggest you here is.

1) I created one custom Application to move file from some random  location to "~\MAData\MA_Name" location.

2) Then I used "Custom_Appln.exe"  file into FIM task scheduler script on top of every other script.

I hope this approach will help you.

If My Answer helps you do not forget to check helpful post and If answers your question do not forget to "Mark it as an Answer" Thanks~ Giriraj Singh Bhamu

• Marked as answer by Aetius2012 Sunday, April 20, 2014 8:37 PM
    Thursday, April 17, 2014 3:55 PM

All replies

• Hi,

By Default File-Based MA are configured to pick file from Default Directory only. We can not select file from any different location. I also had same issue with one of my customer and what i did suggest you here is.

1) I created one custom Application to move file from some random  location to "~\MAData\MA_Name" location.

2) Then I used "Custom_Appln.exe"  file into FIM task scheduler script on top of every other script.

I hope this approach will help you.

If My Answer helps you do not forget to check helpful post and If answers your question do not forget to "Mark it as an Answer" Thanks~ Giriraj Singh Bhamu

• Marked as answer by Aetius2012 Sunday, April 20, 2014 8:37 PM
    Thursday, April 17, 2014 3:55 PM
  • Hello,

You can use the Ultimate file connector to directly query a network share:

https://fimfileconnector.codeplex.com/

Regards,

Sylvain

Friday, April 18, 2014 11:47 AM