Windows 10 Touchpad RRS feed

• Question

• My machine just upgraded to Windows 10 but I found that the touchpad is not working very well. I cannot control my touchpad to let the mouse move. It is a Fujitsu which didnt have a driver related to Windows 10 version. Not sure if it is the problem on driver but the touchpad works fine in Windows 8. 

Any idea?

• Edited by Jacky Yau Saturday, September 5, 2015 6:31 AM
    Friday, September 4, 2015 8:09 AM

Answers

• Open Device Manager > Locate Mice and other pointing devices >  expand it  > Right-click on Synaptics Pointing Device and choose Uninstall from the list of options > Click OK and wait for the driver to uninstall > Restart > Let Windows detect the hardware > Go to Windows Update and install all the latest updates.

You may also try Windows 8.1 driver for the same.

S.Sengupta, Windows Experience MVP

Sunday, September 6, 2015 12:35 AM
  • Hi Jack,

It is recommended to contact the device support to get a Windows 10 compatible driver.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, September 7, 2015 9:01 AM

All replies

• Open Device Manager > Locate Mice and other pointing devices >  expand it  > Right-click on Synaptics Pointing Device and choose Uninstall from the list of options > Click OK and wait for the driver to uninstall > Restart > Let Windows detect the hardware > Go to Windows Update and install all the latest updates.

You may also try Windows 8.1 driver for the same.

S.Sengupta, Windows Experience MVP

Sunday, September 6, 2015 12:35 AM
  • Hi Jack,

It is recommended to contact the device support to get a Windows 10 compatible driver.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, September 7, 2015 9:01 AM