none
Computer Stops recognizing Network

Question

• I have a box that get a dhcp address with the proper gateway and mask it will ping loopback address when I ping the gateway I get general failure. It cannot identify the network domain and therefor will not connect and get internet access I can reimage the machine but would like to know the process and reason it cannot communicate with the domain. I was attempting to unjoin it from the domain and rejoin the domain. When I attempt to rejoin the domain I get a notice that it cannot contact a domain controller. I have assigned a static ip mask and dns server address and still the machine will not communicate. I have deleted and recreated a host A record in my dns server. Then I try to rejoin the domain and still get a message that the dns server successfully querried the dns server for the record and identifies the dns server names but cannot contact a domain controller. I have had three machines do this to me. I would like to find out how or why this happens in order to prevent any further issues. At this point it seems my only option is to reimage the machine and rejoin the domain, but I sure would like to better understand how this could happen. I have tried flushing cache registering dns reseting assigning static ip. Why can I not force this machine to find the Domain controller.
    Wednesday, October 7, 2015 4:00 PM

Answers

• Hello,

Is this a virtual machine you have ?

Can you try reinstalling network card drivers. If Vm remove the net adapter completely and add a new one. 

How will you get DHCP if things are not ok in your network.

So check your net adapter

If you find this helpful, kindly mark as answer. If you have any queries, please post back as a reply. Will look forward to your feedback. Thanking You Soumyajyoti Biswas

Wednesday, October 7, 2015 4:09 PM