none
Grant rights to set out of office reply for other users

Question

• When we were on Exchange 2010 I was able to setup rights for our administrative employees to have the ability to set out of office replies for all of our users through OWA.

How do I do that in O365 Exchange online? I just want to give right to set the out of office reply, no other rights.

Thanks,

John Long

• Edited by jlongjr Thursday, May 10, 2018 4:19 PM
    Thursday, May 10, 2018 4:19 PM

All replies

• In EAC I see the permissions and admin role/user roles but I don't see anything that would allow me to grant rights for other users to set OOF replies for other users. Maybe there is a power shell command I can use to accomplish this.

I'll keep digging.

Edit: I found the powwershell command to set it but still nothing on how to give users rights to set out of office replies for others...

Edit 2: I think I'm getting closer. https://4sysops.com/archives/create-custom-rbac-roles-in-exchange-and-office-365/
    • Edited by jlongjr Thursday, May 10, 2018 5:42 PM
    Thursday, May 10, 2018 5:20 PM
  • To set OOO for another user, you need to have access to the Set-MailboxAutoReplyConfiguration cmdlet, which by default is part of the "Mail Recipients" role. Simply assign this role to the user in question, or make them member of the "Recipient Management" role group. If you want to minimize the number of permissions they will have, the first approach is recommended, or even better, you can create a custom RBAC role.

Thursday, May 10, 2018 6:36 PM
  • Hi jlongjr,

Is there any update on this thread? If the issue has been resolved, please mark the helpful replies as answers, this will make answer searching in the forum easier and be beneficial to other community members as well. Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,
    Niko Cheng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, May 14, 2018 10:00 AM