Outlook breaks hyperlinks sent from browsers RRS feed

• Question

• When I send a link from either Firefox or Chrome using my default mail client (Outlook), frequently the URL gets cut off and only part of it appears as a hyperlink. Like this:

When this happens, it occurs after punctuation - a slash, period or equal sign in the URL.

This has happened on multiple computers - in fact, I wrote about it here in 2014, but I don't recall what the solution was (or if it just resolved itself on its own). It is now occurring on Outlook 2016, but in the past it happened in Outlook 2013.

I have tried adjusting the "Automatically wrap text at character" value, but that didn't help.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

David

Monday, April 15, 2019 4:55 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I am researching and testing your problem and will get back to you as soon as possible.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, April 16, 2019 4:34 AM
  • Hi,

>> When I send a link from either Firefox or Chrome using my default mail client (Outlook)
    Could you please tell me the detailed operation of sending the link? Are you using the method shown below?

In this situation, it is suggested to start your Outlook in safe mode (Press Win + R, type “outlook /safe”, press Enter.) and see if the issue continues.

Besides, you can use "copy and paste" as a workaround currently.

Any update, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, April 16, 2019 8:13 AM
  • Hi,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    And if you need further assistance on this, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Friday, April 19, 2019 1:45 AM

• I have used that method, as well as many other methods (via plugins in each browser). All produce the same result.

Running Outlook in safe mode didn't prevent the problem.
    Saturday, April 20, 2019 7:16 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

It seems that there is something wrong with your Outlook and the browser.

Please try repairing your Office installation if possible and see if there is any difference.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Monday, April 22, 2019 9:09 AM
  • This has happened on multiple computers. I see no reason why repairing the Office installation on one of them will resolve the situation.
    Monday, April 22, 2019 10:20 AM
  • Hi,

>> This has happened on multiple computers.

It is suggested to install the latest updates and see if the issue persists.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Thursday, April 25, 2019 9:02 AM
  • Hi,

Have you got your issue fixed?

Please feel free to post back if you need further assistance on this.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Monday, April 29, 2019 9:04 AM
  • The machines were updated. That is not a helpful solution.
    Monday, April 29, 2019 9:36 AM
  • Hi,

I'm doing further research on this.

Once there is any update, I'll tell you at the first time.

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Friday, May 3, 2019 8:01 AM
  • Hello -

I had a feeling of something that might cause this problem, and I was correct.

I had set "language for non-unicode programs" to Hebrew. When I changed it to English, the problem was resolved.

Is there any way to switch it back without having the problem reoccur?

Thanks,

David

Saturday, May 4, 2019 8:30 PM