User Authentication Issue in Active Directory windows Server 2008 R2 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All,

I am facing issue with Active Directory authentication.

Scenario:- we have two branch of our office 1. INDIA and 2. USA

we have 2 AD server in USA and 2 in INDIA office.

Issue:- If one of 2 Active directory server goes down or USA and INDIA connectivity goes down then all users are not able to login in their system or if any system is locked then that user is unable to unlock that system.

That user gets error users name or password wrong. After resolve this issue if I check the command set l then the logon server shows INDIA Active directory.

Please help me to resolve this issue and let me know if you need any more information.

Thanks

Avnish

Monday, September 30, 2013 4:54 PM

Answers

• Hi,

It sounds likely that the PDCe role holder DC (usually the first DC to be built in a domain) has gone down. When that is down, you would get errors like that.

By "down", I assume you mean an unplanned outage?

• Marked as answer by Vivian_Wang Friday, November 8, 2013 6:04 AM
    Tuesday, October 1, 2013 3:41 PM

All replies

• Hi,

It sounds likely that the PDCe role holder DC (usually the first DC to be built in a domain) has gone down. When that is down, you would get errors like that.

By "down", I assume you mean an unplanned outage?

• Marked as answer by Vivian_Wang Friday, November 8, 2013 6:04 AM
    Tuesday, October 1, 2013 3:41 PM
  • Are the domain controllers in India RODCs?     That would explain the inability to logon when the network is down.

Otherwise I would need more information ...

How many sites are defined, are there two - one for USA and the other for INDIA?    Did you make sure to associate the subnets in INDIA to the INDIA Site, and the ones in the US to the USA site?

Do you have a site-to-site VPN?   Are there any firewall rules in place?

Let's start with these ...   Then we can talk more ...

Dom Vila

Tuesday, October 1, 2013 3:52 PM