none
Multiple Untrusted Domains RRS feed

• Question

• I have a scenario where we want to deploy DPM 2016 to backup our back end infrastructure that is on domain A and also deploy agents on an OS level to do application protection and OS level backups on domains B and C. However, none of these domains are configured with trust and will never be.

For instance, all our hypervisors are Hyper-v or VMware on domain A.  We are going to be deploying and protecting those VM's running on Hyper-V and VMWare.  That isn't that hard part.  Pretty easy actually.  The part I am running into cause I can't find much documentation out there is it possible with the same management servers to also to deploy the DPM agent to VM's and backup SQL, IIS, etc on machines in an untrusted domain? I know you can do workgroup machines, etc.  However would that be our solution for this?  Treat those DPM agents as if they are running on workgroup machines?

Or, would it be better to deploy two separate environments for each domain?  If that is the case, can we still use the centralized console to manage all the management servers? 

One other requirement is to be able to move these backups to Azure.  I know or at least I think it is only possible to have one management server per tenant?  Is that true? 

Kristopher Turner | Not the brightest bulb but by far not the dimmest bulb.

Wednesday, April 19, 2017 11:41 AM