Published Access 2010 Database to Sharepoint 2010. You do not have permission to view the records. RRS feed

• Question

• I have published an Access 2010 database to Sharepoint 2010.  It is pretty basic and essentially it is just used for teachers to enter lesson plans.  When viewing the site there is a form that has several dropdown menus.  The user should be able to choose their name, date, etc. from these dropdown menus.  The problem is that when I click on a dropdown menu the menu just shows a message that says "This service isn't available right now".  I also get a message that pops up which says "You do not have permission to view the records.  To obtain permission contact your site administrator."

The weird thing is that when I was testing this at one point I clicked the dropdown menu and it did work.  I clicked off the dropdown menu and went right back to it again and it didn't work.

I have anonymous access enabled for this site.  However, I have tried it with an anonymous user as well as with the user account that installed Sharepoint and published the database to Sharepoint and it doesn't work either way.

Is this a permission issue on the site or something else?  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Wednesday, October 20, 2010 4:05 PM

All replies

• This can be permission issue. What if you login as site collection administrator?

Wednesday, October 27, 2010 7:23 AM