Outlook - Subject Edit RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there

I used to be able to have the ability to open an email and edit the subject line by double clicking on it.

I dont seem to be able to do that now. The cursor appears in the area but nothing happens when i try to type.

I have office365 pro plus installed on a Windows 10 machines.

office is up to date.

Can you suggest anything i can try to get this up and running again.

Kind regards

George

• Moved by Perry-Pan Monday, October 8, 2018 1:42 AM
    Friday, October 5, 2018 11:34 AM

Answers

• Make sure that the email header has been expanded. If the right hand side looks like this:

then click the downward caret (the "v") to expand the header so that it looks like this:

You should then be able to edit the subject.

Regards, Hans Vogelaar (http://www.eileenslounge.com)

• Marked as answer by David Ewer Monday, October 15, 2018 9:12 AM
    Friday, October 12, 2018 6:50 PM

All replies

• After opening the message, click Actions > Edit Message in the Move group of the Message tab of the ribbon.

• Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Monday, October 8, 2018 1:42 AM
    Friday, October 5, 2018 3:01 PM
  • Hi George,

Was the reply above helpful to you? If yes, would you mind helping mark it as answer so that it will benefit other forum members a lot?

If you have further concern, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, October 8, 2018 1:41 AM
  • Hi George,

I am writing to see how everything is going with this issue. If the information above was helpful, could you please help mark it as answer so it will be easy for other forum members who might have similar issues to find the useful one?

Have a nice day!

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, October 10, 2018 2:55 AM
  • Hi Perry

sorry for the delay in my reply it has been a hectic week so far. I have tested out your suggestion and this does let me edit the body of the email but the subject line still will not edit.

Kind regards

George

Wednesday, October 10, 2018 12:21 PM
  • After selecting Actions > Edit Message, simply click in the subject and start editing...

• Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Thursday, October 11, 2018 1:02 AM
    Wednesday, October 10, 2018 2:08 PM
  • Hi,

Agree with Hans. If it is helpful, please help to mark it as an answer so we can close off this thread.

If you have further concern, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Perry

Thursday, October 11, 2018 7:14 AM
  • Hi Hans

This doesn't work on the machine in question. It works on others no issue but this machine wont edit the subject line.

Kind regards

George

Friday, October 12, 2018 3:37 PM
  • Make sure that the email header has been expanded. If the right hand side looks like this:

then click the downward caret (the "v") to expand the header so that it looks like this:

You should then be able to edit the subject.

• Marked as answer by David Ewer Monday, October 15, 2018 9:12 AM
    Friday, October 12, 2018 6:50 PM