none
How to refresh 'Name Suffix Routing' list using PowerShell \VBScript

Question

• Hi there,

I have 2 separate AD Forests 'DC-AP1' and 'DC-API2', in a AD Forest Trust. After adding a UPN Suffix in first domain DC-API1, when I see the Name Suffix Routing list on DC-API2, the newly aded upn suffix is not available in the list until either I click on 'Refresh' button as can be seen in attached image, or I wait for a specific time (may be 1 hour).

Name Suffix Routing Refresh

Is there any way to automate this (Refresh button functionality for Name Suffix Routing list), so that I can call an API and refresh this list using script?

Regards,

Laeeq

Laeeq Qazi|Team Lead(Exchange + Sharepoint + BES + DynamicsCRM) www.HostingController.com

Monday, April 3, 2017 1:44 PM

All replies

• Hi Laeeq,

>>Is there any way to automate this (Refresh button functionality for Name Suffix Routing list), so that I can call an API and refresh this list using script?

" When name suffix routing is toggled, it calls the lsass process to set security policy in the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SECURITY\Policy\PolMod registry key and it logs the change in the HKEY_LOCAL _MACHINE\SECURITY\RXACT\Log registry key. The lsass process (also known as the Local Security Authority or LSA Shell), manages local security, domain authentication and some aspects of an AD configuration on domain controllers. Both of these registry keys contain default values of type REG_NONE and they store binary data. Scripting registry changes to these keys would be difficult—or even impossible."

Besides, if we  know the source codes of this Button, i suppose we might change the clicking events.

Best regards.

Andy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, April 4, 2017 12:11 PM
  • Hi Andy,

Thanks for your reply. 

In that case, I would check these registry entries, and would post my result here.

Kind Regards,

Laeeq Qazi|Team Lead(Exchange + Sharepoint + BES + DynamicsCRM) www.HostingController.com

Thursday, April 6, 2017 12:39 AM
  • Hi Laeeq,

>>In that case, I would check these registry entries, and would post my result here

Did this issue was solved? if not, please share the current situation for further assistance.

Best regards,

Andy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, April 12, 2017 5:16 AM