My Sharepoint sites - display sites from multiple SSPs? RRS feed

• Question

• We had a single farm (FARM1) setup, with everyone accessing sharepoint through this farm.

We have since added a new farm (FARM2), which is placed in a separate geographic location, and has its own SSP.

Everyone's mysites are still running from the original SSP on FARM1, but users that predominantly use FARM2 have been complaining that they don't get sites that are hosted on FARM2 showing up in their "My Sharepoint Sites" section that is available through Microsoft Word (and other office applications).

Can anyone tell me how to configure my farms so that the "My Sharepoint Sites" feature in Word will display sites that you are a member of from both farms?

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

I am running MOSS Enterprise on both farms.

Wednesday, January 19, 2011 4:21 AM

All replies

• Hi arduk,

Thank you for your post.

It seems that you won’t get that “My SharePoint Sites” tab without having visited your My Site first. Could you please make the users visit their My Site first, and then see if they can find “My SharePoint Site”.

Hope this could help you.

Regards.

Friday, January 21, 2011 7:01 AM
  • Hi Peng Lei,

Thanks very much for getting back to me.

The problem is not that they "My Sharepoint Sites" doesn't display, rather that it is only displaying sites from a single SSP, and I need it to display sites from 2 different SSPs.

If you have any further input, it would be very much appreciated!

Monday, January 24, 2011 11:50 PM