Error code 0xC004F074 and Windows is not activated is coming in windows 8.1 pro pls help me to solve this problem RRS feed

• Question

• I am using hp pavilion notebook 15 intel(R) Core(TM) i3-321U CPU@1.8 HGZ

RAM-4GB, 32bit Operating System x64 -based processor.

In my PC settings  under the activate windows online, activate step is their 

I want ask question if i click on that activate all personal  files in system will be safe mode or not and how to rectify this problem.

Plssss Give  give some suggestions.

I have another problem also in my system so many security updates and updates of microsoft corporation are installing automatically after the completion of installation my system is not responding because of overloading of all updates installed.

Wednesday, June 22, 2016 5:08 PM

Answers

• If you dont activate it will eventually enter a reduced functionality state.  As usual you should be backing up your data ANYWAY

In order to determine the actual state Windows is in, run this command in an elevated command prompt and then paste the contents of report.txt in your reply:

Licensingdiag.exe -report %userprofile%\desktop\report.txt -log %userprofile%\desktop\repfiles.cab

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag Windows IT-PRO (MS-MVP)

Wednesday, June 22, 2016 5:38 PM
  • Hi Mallika Giddaluru,

According to your description, we'd better identify your key type as ZigZag said. If the system activation belongs to OEM manufacture, in my opinion, it would be better to contact manufacture to activate.

Hope it could be helpful to you.

Please mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful.

If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Thursday, June 23, 2016 6:56 AM

All replies

• If you dont activate it will eventually enter a reduced functionality state.  As usual you should be backing up your data ANYWAY

In order to determine the actual state Windows is in, run this command in an elevated command prompt and then paste the contents of report.txt in your reply:

Licensingdiag.exe -report %userprofile%\desktop\report.txt -log %userprofile%\desktop\repfiles.cab

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag Windows IT-PRO (MS-MVP)

Wednesday, June 22, 2016 5:38 PM
  • Hi Mallika Giddaluru,

According to your description, we'd better identify your key type as ZigZag said. If the system activation belongs to OEM manufacture, in my opinion, it would be better to contact manufacture to activate.

Hope it could be helpful to you.

Please mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful.

If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Thursday, June 23, 2016 6:56 AM