none
Not able to open PDF files in IE6 browser through my application RRS feed

• Question

•   I am not able to open a PDF document in IE6 browser through my application
      In my application when i click the print button, i am trying to open the preview in PDF
      It is working in IE8 browser, but it is giving "File Not Found error" in IE6
      Please help me to resolve this issue

Thanks,
    • Moved by spacewrangler Sunday, January 23, 2011 5:32 PM (From:Building Development and Diagnostic Tools for .Net)
    Tuesday, January 18, 2011 2:42 AM

Answers

•  

Hi,

Did the error message mention the file name? you may use Process Monitor to find more details on the FileNotFound issue. however, your question is out of support range of this forum, you may try contact the provider of ITextSharp dll for this issue, you may also try IE forum.

Eric Yang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by Robinson Zhang Wednesday, January 26, 2011 7:00 AM
    Tuesday, January 18, 2011 2:51 PM

All replies

•  

Hi,

I want to mention clear about my question

I am using ITextSharp dll . 

Document pdfDoc = new Document(PageSize.A4.Rotate(), 0f, 0f, 20f, 20f);

PdfWriter.GetInstance(pdfDoc, Response.OutputStream);

Here I am creating a new PdfDoc and adding the Grid to the PdfDoc

When i click the print button from my application through IE6 browser , it opens a dialog with Open, Save and Cancel buttons

When i save the PdfDoc and open it.. It is opening . But when i directly open the PDFdoc it is giving Error as

"There was an error opening the document, File not found"  . I am getting this Error only in IE6 browser,

When i run my aplication in IE8 , i can able to open the document without any error message

Please help me on this..

Thanks

Tuesday, January 18, 2011 5:25 AM
  •  

Hi,

Did the error message mention the file name? you may use Process Monitor to find more details on the FileNotFound issue. however, your question is out of support range of this forum, you may try contact the provider of ITextSharp dll for this issue, you may also try IE forum.

Eric Yang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by Robinson Zhang Wednesday, January 26, 2011 7:00 AM
    Tuesday, January 18, 2011 2:51 PM