Error while loading Sharepoint page - "This page cant' be displayed" RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

I have SharePoint 2013 environment. From past few weeks, SharePoint site suddenly throws error  - this page cant be displayed. And this issue resolves automatically. It happens only for few minutes. Until I see this issue, it get resolved automatically.

I checked Event logs on WFE, APP and SQL servers, but I don't see any issue.

What could be the cause of this?

Thanks in advance

Wednesday, August 12, 2015 9:31 PM

All replies

• Ensure your IIS web site and app pool are up and running.

Page cannot be display error, normally is due to web site in IIS is not started.

You also mentioned happened for few minutes and get resolved automatically?

Does it happen as 1 time off or always?

Jason

• Edited by J-aso-n Thursday, August 13, 2015 7:30 AM add on questions
    Thursday, August 13, 2015 7:27 AM
  • HI Swetha,Check the ULS logs to find the root cause of the issue.Ensure the CPU,Memory are in stable at the time of issue.Check the logs from IIS aswell.This could be of many reasons like network,SQL connectivity,IIS pause.

Anil Avula[Partner,MCP,MCSE,MCSA,MCTS,MCITP,MCSM] See Me At: http://expertsharepoint.blogspot.de/

Thursday, August 13, 2015 8:30 AM
  • Hi Swetha,

How many web applications / site collections do you have? When the issue occurs, does it occurs across every web application / site collection? How often does this happen in a day?

If it happens only once, check the application pool settings. By default it is set to recycle once a day and might be causing the issue.

In addition to logs on the SharePoint server, also look at your SQL server. For example, if you are running a SQL cluster, and if there are failovers occurring that might cause the temporary outage too.

Regards,
    Nilesh Mehta | Sr. SharePoint Architect
    Blog: www.ngenioussolutions.com/blog
    Site: www.ngenioussolutions.com

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     Please don't forget to mark it as answered, if your problem was resolved or if the answer was helpful

Sharepoint Exchange CRM BizTalk CMS LCS

Thursday, August 13, 2015 9:44 AM
  • Hi Jason

Yes, It happened only for few minutes and resolved automatically. I couldn't see what was the issue because until user complained, it was already fixed.

In 3 years, it only happened twice. I couldn't see any events in event logs.

Thanks for the response.

Thursday, August 27, 2015 8:50 PM
  • We have SQL Cluster for sharepoint databases, but there was no issue with AlwaysOn. Till now, it only happened twice.
    Thursday, August 27, 2015 8:52 PM
  • Hi Swetha,

Frankly speaking, happened twice in 3 years time and no events logs.

Automatically solved within few minutes.

There is only 1 thing cross my mind, the web sever is been IISRESET by someone manually.

Check in Application event logs, any IISreset activity?

If you have multiples WFEs, then you need to check each of them.

I don't think system will perform IISReset by itself, but only manual activity.

Jason

• Edited by J-aso-n Friday, August 28, 2015 1:11 AM add-on
    Friday, August 28, 2015 1:00 AM