Trouble going back to Win7 after Win10 upgrade-Windows Live Mail corrupted RRS feed

• Question

• I had huge problems with software incompatibility after upgrading win7 pro 64bit.  When I reversed the upgrade, and was back on Win7, Live Mail is full of problems including downloading duplicates of everything in my inboxes, and inability to delete those same emails.  I suppose it has corrupted Live Mail. 
    You would hope that Microsoft has a solution for the guinea pigs out here who did not experience anything positive trying the upgrade to Windows 10.  I need to fix my Windows Live Mail back to where it was before the upgrade.

jack lowell

Monday, August 31, 2015 2:02 AM

Answers

• Hi Jack,

First of all, please ensure the machine has got the latest updates.
    According to your description, it seems that the Windows Live mail or the mail account has been corrupted.
    We could try to re-add the mail account to have a check.
    We also could try to repair the present installation.
    Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features\Windows Essential, Right click, choose "uninstall/change", "Repair".

As a workaround, we could try to use the built-in metro apps "Mail" (Search it directly).

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, September 1, 2015 7:56 AM

All replies

• Hi Jack,

First of all, please ensure the machine has got the latest updates.
    According to your description, it seems that the Windows Live mail or the mail account has been corrupted.
    We could try to re-add the mail account to have a check.
    We also could try to repair the present installation.
    Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features\Windows Essential, Right click, choose "uninstall/change", "Repair".

As a workaround, we could try to use the built-in metro apps "Mail" (Search it directly).

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, September 1, 2015 7:56 AM
  • Thanks very much.  I did add the account again and it works fine.  I will also do the repair, as I notice there were some mail items appearing with nothing besides the title of the email, in various accounts.  There were some I could not delete, and I couldn't delete my deleted items in one account.  But adding again the account helped did help a lot.

jack lowell

Tuesday, September 8, 2015 4:34 PM