IEAK 11 branding package RRS feed

• Question

• Will IEAK 11 branding package work for earlier versions of IE (9 and 10)?
    • Edited by GMZKiev1 Wednesday, May 11, 2016 7:24 PM
    Wednesday, May 11, 2016 7:22 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

the depreciated GPO settings for Corporate settings have been removed from the IE11 adm templates so you cannot create new profiles for those settings, but any existing profiles that were created with earlier adm templates will work in those legacy IE versions.

You should be targeting IE11 and using Enterprise Mode site lists to allow backward compatibility with legacy intranet assets.

Regards.

Rob^_^

• Proposed as answer by Tony_Tao Thursday, May 12, 2016 11:35 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by GMZKiev1 Thursday, May 12, 2016 1:40 PM
    Thursday, May 12, 2016 3:26 AM
  • Thank you guys. Yes, I know that the old GPOs don't work starting with IE10. I created a branding package with IEAK 11 and applied it to Computer. There are some computers in the company that still have older IE versions. So I was wondering, since this is just configuration settings (favorites, Home page and auto proxy), will it also work for those older versions? 

• Edited by GMZKiev1 Thursday, May 12, 2016 1:14 PM
    Thursday, May 12, 2016 1:13 PM
  • Hi,

yes..... IE reads the registry settings for policy each time a new window is created (use a tool like procmon.exe to monitor reads of the registry by programs). So an IE version will only read those registry keys that it knows about, so IE8 will not know about the keys for hardware acceleration for example.

Regards.

Rob^_^

Friday, May 13, 2016 1:50 AM
  • In addition, you could also try corresponding IEAK version in IE9 or IE10.

For IE10:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=36807

For IE9:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=23643

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Saturday, May 14, 2016 12:35 PM