Help!! Powershell changing files RRS feed

• Question

• I have a PowerShell script that copies files from one directory to another. This script eliminates the need to manually consolidate files into one location, because once they are all consolidated into one location - we run them through an initialization tool for hashing.

However, the issue I'm running into is that after I run the script to move the files into one place, the hashing tool ignores those files. It updates the files that were already in the final directory, but misses any files that were dumped into the final directory using the PowerShell script.

I checked the properties, ran a diff on the files, and even did a refresh at the end of the script to refresh the files, but it's not helping.

Any thoughts on what's happening? Could PowerShell somehow be messing with those scripts in a different way?

Friday, July 12, 2019 5:44 PM

Answers

• This is clearly not a PowerShell issue. Contact the vendor for your hashing tool for help.

I can recommend that you check the permissions on the copied files.  Be sure it is allowing the tool to read them.

\_(ツ)_/

• Marked as answer by ChaChaChaaa Monday, July 15, 2019 6:44 PM
    Friday, July 12, 2019 5:52 PM