none
PQ Unexpected Error in Excel 2016 - Couldn't get data from the Data Model RRS feed

• Question

• Hi...

We've created a number of workbooks utilizing Power Query in Excel 2013 on Windows 7. Some users are being upgraded to Windows 10 with Excel 2016. When users with the upgraded machines try to run the queries in the workbook, the same as they did before, they are receiving the following:

"We couldn't get data from the Data Model. Here's the error message we got:

An unexpected error has occurred (file 'pcminorobjcoll.inl', line 115, function 'PCMinorObjectCollection<class PCProperty, class NameHashSupport>::SetNameAndUpdateCollection')."

The error appears when using Refresh All and/or refreshing pivot tables tied to the data model. When refreshing the queries individually in the Show Query pane, they seem to refresh correctly. 

In trying to troubleshoot on my own...I went into Manage Data Model and tried to refresh all 5 queries. 2 of 5 return the error "We couldn’t refresh the connection. Please go to existing connections and verify they connect to the file or server."

I haven't been able to figure out where the issue is...Again, the same exact workbook can be opened in Excel 2013 and works flawlessly. 

These are relatively complex workbooks, so recreating is the very last resort. Seems like it could be a bug that Microsoft should fix.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Friday, September 1, 2017 4:57 PM

Answers

• Thank you for taking the time to provide Microsoft Office feedback!

To help us to investigate the problem, I will appreciate if you can share your work book with us. Just make sure it doesn't contain any sensitive or confidential information-make sure to remove the sensitive data or scramble it before sharing the workbook.

You can send me a private email: mabezen@microsoft.com.

Thanks in advance!

Matan

-Excel Team

Sunday, September 17, 2017 10:01 AM

All replies

• Thank you for taking the time to provide Microsoft Office feedback!

To help us to investigate the problem, I will appreciate if you can share your work book with us. Just make sure it doesn't contain any sensitive or confidential information-make sure to remove the sensitive data or scramble it before sharing the workbook.

You can send me a private email: mabezen@microsoft.com.

Thanks in advance!

Matan

-Excel Team

Sunday, September 17, 2017 10:01 AM
  • Were you able to find a resolution to this issue?
    Tuesday, November 21, 2017 7:17 PM