none
Internet Explorer 11 help. RRS feed

• Question

• My problem is with IE 11 on my Windows 7 desktop. On the eve. on Sept. 13 some updates were done. On the morning of Sept. 25 when I try to get on IE nothing happened. The only way I can use IE 11 is to uninstall it and reinstall. But then it only works that day. When I turn off my PC for the night and then run it on the next day. IE won't work again, so I go through the same process of uninstalling and reinstalling. Luckily I have Firefox as my back up browser. Please help to ratify this problem with IE 11.

Friday, September 22, 2017 2:13 PM

All replies

• Hi,

When you update which is the last update you install for IE. Try removing the last update for IE and see it works or not.

If its working then skip that update for IE. Sometime it happens

Friday, September 22, 2017 2:26 PM
  • when I try to get on IE nothing happened.

This is often a symptom of an interferer having become incompatible; e.g. it may be a simple as a security package needing to be updated so it does not treat iexplore.exe as a suspected Trojan.

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Sunday, September 24, 2017 2:34 AM
    Answerer
  • Hi,

Have you shut-down then restarted the computer yet? Start>Control Panel>Update and security to view any pending Update restarts.

Regards.

Questions regarding Internet Explorer 8, 9 and 10 and Internet Explorer 11 for the IT Pro Audience. Topics covered are: Installation, Deployment, Configuration, Security, Group Policy, Management questions. If you are a consumer looking for answers or to raise a question, it's highly recommended you head on over to http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us

Rob^_^

Monday, September 25, 2017 9:20 PM