none
Topics for DPM 2012 book RRS feed

• Question

• Hello DPM Community,

This is Steve here. I recently published a book on DPM 2010. I have been fortunate to team up with DPM MVP’s Robert Hedblom and Islam Gomaa to write a DPM 2012 book. We are in the planning stages for this book. We would like to know from the community what specific topics would you like to see covered in this book? Post your responses here.

Thank You for your feedback.
    My Blog | www.buchatech.com | www.dpm2010.com
    Wednesday, November 9, 2011 10:51 PM

All replies

• Secondary DPM deployment thx
    Thursday, November 10, 2011 12:34 AM
  • Secondary DPM deployment thx
    Thanks for the feedback.

Friday, November 11, 2011 2:42 AM
  • Hi,

I have read your book and to be honest for me it was not deep enough into detail.
    It would be nice if in the new book there were more details about application backups and restores (for Example Hyper-V - VSS - Hardware-VSS, CSV, redirected mode and so on).

And a bit more "expert knowhow" you don't find in official documentation would be nice for example how to migrate storage from one LUN to another LUN and so on and so on.

But  I am going to read it

Perhaps there will be a version for advanced users and one step by step guide for beginners

regards

/bkpfast

• Edited by bkpfast Friday, November 11, 2011 2:55 PM
    Friday, November 11, 2011 2:31 PM
  • Hi,

I have read your book and to be honest for me it was not deep enough into detail.
    It would be nice if in the new book there were more details about application backups and restores (for Example Hyper-V - VSS - Hardware-VSS, CSV, redirected mode and so on).

And a bit more "expert knowhow" you don't find in official documentation would be nice

But I think I am going to read it

regards

/bkpfast

Hi bkpfast,

Great feedback here. The plan is to dive deeper in the new DPM 2012 book with the help of Islam and Robert. We will definitely get your feedback into the new book.

The DPM 2010 book is a tutorial intended for those that are new or have limited knowledge of DPM to help get them going. Thank You for your feedback on it and for reading it.

Friday, November 11, 2011 4:23 PM
  • I agree with bkpfast and am very much looking forward to your 2012 book.

I'd mostly be interested in the benefits this version brings compared to 2010 with SMBs in mind. It seems everything (the upcoming SP2 release of Exchange 2010, FEP vs. FCS, who knows what's going on with TMG...) we get from MS these days is being targeted for large enterprises\cloud.

Monday, November 14, 2011 11:36 AM
  • I agree with bkpfast and am very much looking forward to your 2012 book.

I'd mostly be interested in the benefits this version brings compared to 2010 with SMBs in mind. It seems everything (the upcoming SP2 release of Exchange 2010, FEP vs. FCS, who knows what's going on with TMG...) we get from MS these days is being targeted for large enterprises\cloud.

Thanks for your feedback CypherMike!

Monday, November 14, 2011 2:17 PM
  • Any Idea when the book will be realesed?  There are no book out that I can find on DPM 2012.

Thanks

Thursday, August 2, 2012 5:59 PM
  • If the book is not finished yet, what about a feedback on your past experience with DPM?

Talking about the biggest issues you encounter and stuff.

Thursday, August 2, 2012 7:43 PM
  • Any Idea when the book will be realesed?  There are no book out that I can find on DPM 2012.

Thanks

Hi NCHT,

ETA is sometime this fall. The book is currently in progress. More info to come about it soon.

Thanks

If you found this post helpful, please give it a "Helpful" vote. If it answered your question, remember to mark it as an "Answer". This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights! Always test ANY suggestion in a test environment before implementing!

Friday, August 3, 2012 5:26 AM
  • If the book is not finished yet, what about a feedback on your past experience with DPM?

Talking about the biggest issues you encounter and stuff.

Hi  Jérémy,

I will see what I can do to get this in the book. Thanks for the feedback.

If you found this post helpful, please give it a "Helpful" vote. If it answered your question, remember to mark it as an "Answer". This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights! Always test ANY suggestion in a test environment before implementing!

Friday, August 3, 2012 6:03 AM