Add to Domain RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Am trying to have my ISA Server be part of my A.D. domain and Am getting this error message when trying to add the Server...The network path was not found.

- System policy rule is enable for LDAP.
    - Am able to ping my 2 A.D Server with FQDN.
    - File and Print Services enable.
    - Enable Netbios over TCP/IP is enable.
    - Ran a "Network Monitor" trace and can't find any word that says "error" in the trace...maybe I need to look for something else?
    - Try stopping all ISA Service and try to add the Server to the domain I get the same error message.

Help please.
    Thanks 
    Thursday, August 20, 2009 5:50 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I’d like to confirm whether there is any update about this issue. If anything unclear, please feel free to contact us.

Regards,

Nick Gu - MSFT
    Friday, August 28, 2009 1:46 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for post.

According to your description, I understand the problem you are experiencing is “Unable to join the ISA server onto the Domain”.

Before going any further, I’d like to know the following:

1.What version of your ISA Server, 2004 or 2006?  Any service pack?

2.What domain level do you want to add the ISA Server to, windows 2003 or 2008?32bit or64bit?

3.Do you have any other error message? We need detailed information.

Based on my experience, ISA Server RPC filter may block the traffic when joining the Domain. Please disable RPC filter by ISA console. If the issue still retains, you may create access rule between internal network and Local host, then join the ISA server onto the Domain and see if it works.

Regards,

Nick Gu - MSFT
    Friday, August 21, 2009 6:48 AM
  • Hi,

- Windows 2003 32 SP2.
    - ISA 2004 SP3.
    - Win2003 32 Bit A.D
    - No other error message.

I disable the RPC filter. I added a Network rule....Same result.

The traffic on ISA shows that the DNS/LDAP query are allowed. 

I would like to give you more info but don't know if there is a file getting generated when I try to add my Server to the Domain. 
    Friday, August 21, 2009 2:06 PM
  • Hi,

Thank you for your update.

How do you configure the Internal NIC on the ISA Server? Please make sure the Internal NIC address and the DC address are in the same subnet. And you should make ISA(Internal NIC) preferred DNS server point to the Internal DNS Server. Would you please tell us the detailed error message when the ISA was joining the domain?

Regards,

Nick Gu - MSFT
    Monday, August 24, 2009 9:51 AM
  • Hi,

I’d like to confirm whether there is any update about this issue. If anything unclear, please feel free to contact us.

Regards,

Nick Gu - MSFT
    Friday, August 28, 2009 1:46 AM
  • Hi,

Am getting this error "Network path not found" when trying to join the domain.

Friday, September 25, 2009 7:37 PM