none
Best way to clean up GPO & PolicyDefinitions central store

Question

• Here is my dilemma I am doing a migration from SBS 2008 (Windows 2008, not R2) to Windows 2012R2. I have a few questions about the central policy store. Right now depending on which files are placed in the Policies\PolicyDefinitions folder it allows me to see certain GPO items. I have some Citrix & Outlook ADMX items I have implemented which require ADMX files to be placed in the store. What is the best way for me to administer this? I want to be able to view all GPO items from any of my DC's without having to move files around or getting the "Display names for some settings cannot be found. You might be able to resolve this issue by updating the .ADM files used by Group Policy Management" message.

Should I download the Administrative Templates (ADMX) for Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows 7 & Administrative Templates (ADMX) for Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows 8, placing these along side the Citrix & Outlook admx files? How can I have all work together? I removed a ton of the items that were there from the previous admin and placed them in a folder called subdirectory called "_old" and everything is working with no issues.

I have also been going through and cleaning up a ton of the old GPO items along with removing all of the SBS stuff. Is there a way to see what ADMX files a certain GPO requires?

Tuesday, March 10, 2015 11:38 PM

Answers

All replies