SKYPE search bar, searching for SAP id RRS feed

• Question

• On my machine, I can take an SAP id and type it into the Skype search bar. It pulls up the user profile associated with the SAP id. However, this does not work on some colleagues' machines. We are all running same software. I am guessing there is a setting on their Skype that is preventing the feature from working. Anyone know ?
    Wednesday, October 16, 2019 1:39 PM

All replies

• Hi zextrot,

Do you mean SIP ID?

In my test, we can search user account via SIP ID.

The workflow of AddressBook is as below. You can execute Update-CsUserDatabase and Update-CsAddressBook to sync information instantly. Then, you can have a try.

For more details about AddressBook, please refer to this article: http://blog.schertz.name/2010/09/updating-the-lync-2010-address-book/

Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link.

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Thursday, October 17, 2019 2:44 AM
  • No sir I mean SAP ID .. the big SAP. I presume that it is irrelevant that it is SAP. We probably just have the SAP ID associated with each user's profile in SKYPE and the search bar is pulling the profile when I type in the SAP ID. But it is strange that this does not work on every machine.
    Thursday, October 17, 2019 12:41 PM
  • Hi zextrot,
    Which product do you use? Skype for business or Skype? These are two different products.
    I check the information of user account. However, I don’t find the attribution called SAP ID.
    Perhaps, could you provide me with a screenshot?

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, October 22, 2019 1:49 AM
  • Using SKYPE for Business.

SAP is a software program. I can take an ID out of that program and search in SKYPE and it will find the individual. So the ID must be associated with the individual's contact info in SKYPE. However, if this is the case, it should find the individual using SKYPE on my colleague's machine.

Tuesday, October 22, 2019 2:12 PM
  • Hi zextrot,

I’m so sorry that we are not familiar with this software program: SAP.

And I don’t know the SAP ID. Perhaps, you can check if the client version is the latest one.

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Friday, October 25, 2019 10:20 AM
  • Hi zextrot,

Is there any update on this case?

Please feel free to drop us a note if there is any update.

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Thursday, October 31, 2019 7:17 AM