none
Duration & Dates mismatch in Project Professional RRS feed

• Question

• I am going through a project plan created by somebody. The plan is created in Project Professional 2016 and I am viewing it in MS-Project 2013. I find that one of the tasks (pressure testing, task number 65) is of duration 1 day. Still it is spread over 2 days (Friday & Saturday, 21st & 22nd October). I checked for constraints and also working hours. I am sure some thing must have been changed in Project options or calendar.I could not find out the reason. Pl go through the picture.  

When I make it Friday to Friday (Start & finish as 21st October), it changes the duration to zero day.  

You may list out possible reasons and help me to resolve this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Ulhas Samant

Sunday, October 23, 2016 1:27 PM

Answers

• Hi,

when I look at your screenshot, ist seems that task is starting on Friday at end of working time. Please display date and time for dates in File - Options - General as Date Format.

I did so, and can produce what you are seeing:

Duration is not the difference between Start and Finish Date, but the number of Working Days (Hours) between these dates. In your samle, task is starting on Friday at the end of working day. There are no working hours left on this day, so task is only using Saturday with working days, therefore, duration shows one day. Check if any constraints or links are causing this behaviour.

Regards
    Barbara

To increase the value of this forum, please mark the replies that helped to solve your issue as answer. If you find answers to questions from other forum participants to be helpful, please mark them as helpful. Your participation will help others to find an appropriate solution faster. Thanks for your support!

• Marked as answer by banda_india Sunday, October 23, 2016 5:52 PM
    Sunday, October 23, 2016 2:04 PM