Windows Media Player issues after upgrading to Windows 10 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

I work for a company that provides skills testing with a client/server application that has question and answer files that move from the server to the client.  Text and audio for each.

We employ the use of the Windows Media Player ActiveX control on the testing station via IE11 and our audio files are in the *.wma format.  The only way we could get the control we needed for playing / sequencing audio was through the ActiveX control.

On Win7, using NSPlayer/12.00.7601.23471  Audio files move properly from the server (hosted in IIS) down to the testing station and play successfully all day long, no matter how many tests are administered (without closing IE).

On Win10, using NSPlayer/12.00.14393.1198 (the updated Windows Media Player version), audio files move properly from the server down to the testing station for a while, but after downloading and playing about 400 *.wma files, audio stops playing.

If you open another tab on IE11 and attempt to play an audio file from an audio testing site, it will not play.

If you open Windows Media Player and attempt to play an audio file from the directory structure, you receive a popup with a similar message to 'out of memory, please close some applications and try again'.

We have tried all of the rational 'fix' items I can find online such as re-registering the dll's for the player and increasing the temp internet cache size, to no avail.

I'm out of options.  Please help!?

Wednesday, May 17, 2017 6:12 PM

All replies