none
Windows 10 Creators now asking for fingerprint and PIN RRS feed

• Question

• I've just updated my machine to Creators Update and have both PIN and fingerprint configured as sign-in options. Before the upgrade I was able to use my fingerprint to login. Now a successful fingerprint authentication displays the PIN prompt and I have to enter that to actually logon.

I've tried using an unenrolled print to confirm its not just failing and then reverting to PIN and I only get the PIN prompt using an enrolled print.

Seems like a nice security option but its driving me mental!

HELP

Thursday, May 18, 2017 8:51 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Did you mean the fingerprint cannot pass the authentication?

What if you remove the fingerprint and then re-add it again?

in addition, please update all your device driver especially fingerprint chip driver after upgrade.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, May 19, 2017 2:08 AM
  • i have also the same problem please help me

Friday, October 20, 2017 5:33 PM
  • yesss it cannot bypass the fingerprint authentication..as it bypasses it asks for pin..what to do

Friday, October 20, 2017 5:34 PM
  • I have the same issue since latest update build 16299 2018 and cannot fix it. Windows needs to fix this. When I sign in with fingerprint, it then ask for pin. Please fix this. It has done this to every pc I updated or I should say you forced updated. Asus, Apple, Acer, Dell. Thanks for breaking my computer again. Check this stuff before you send it out. Is this really too much to ask? And the fingerprint does pass authentication.
    Sunday, February 25, 2018 5:12 AM