Avaya IP Office 500 + AudioCodes/NET Gateway: How many SIP Trunk Licenses on Avya IPO Do I need? RRS feed

• Question

• I want to integrate an existing Avaya IP Office 500 system and Lync via a gateway from either AudioCodes or NET.

I beleive that I need at least one SIP trunk license on the Avaya IPO. My Avaya rep is telling me I need a SIP trunk license for however many simulatneous Lync-->Avaya IPO I want to make.

He does not have any experience in integrating an Avaya IPO with another PBX. So, I wanted to check.

Friday, March 18, 2011 8:36 PM

Answers

• Place the gateway in front of the IP Office, and you will in a position to not require any more licenses on the Avaya.

• Marked as answer by Rowen-Xu Friday, April 1, 2011 1:57 AM
    Saturday, March 19, 2011 4:08 AM
  • The info from Maurizio is correct in that you can place the gateway in front of the IP Office. However from the Avaya perspective you need to in some manner connect the gateway to the IP Office. That can be done either through analog or T-1 Ports or as a SIP to SIP connection. on the Avaya side you therefore need either the cards to support a trunk connection or SIP licenses to directly connect SIP to SIP. Thus If the Audio Codes or NET Gateway is SIP to SIP then you will still need SIP licenses in the IPO for how many simultaneous calls you wants.  If the Gateway is SIP to PRI or SIP to Analog then you would need those corresponding trunk boards and licensing in the IPO.

Avaya Partner Boston
    Wednesday, March 23, 2011 4:23 PM

All replies

• Place the gateway in front of the IP Office, and you will in a position to not require any more licenses on the Avaya.

Saturday, March 19, 2011 4:08 AM
  • The Avaya tech (who, again, is unfamiliar with Avya<->Other PBX integration) says his pricesheet delineate3s different SIP trunks by how many concurrent calls can be made.

I think this is for Avaya to Avaya connectivity.

Anyone know the exact part number I need for the Avaya?

Tuesday, March 22, 2011 12:46 PM
  • We have techs who may be able to do the actual Lync to IPO integration thing, but from the sales side I can tell you that Avaya SIP trunk licenses come in 4 different quantities 1,5,10, or 20 trunk licenses at a time. They range from $75 for a single license(#202967) to $1200 for 20 (#202970). We can certainly get those licenses for you without an issue. What release of SW are you running on your IPO and what processor is it. For example IP500 v1, v2, etc?
    Tuesday, March 22, 2011 7:26 PM
  • The info from Maurizio is correct in that you can place the gateway in front of the IP Office. However from the Avaya perspective you need to in some manner connect the gateway to the IP Office. That can be done either through analog or T-1 Ports or as a SIP to SIP connection. on the Avaya side you therefore need either the cards to support a trunk connection or SIP licenses to directly connect SIP to SIP. Thus If the Audio Codes or NET Gateway is SIP to SIP then you will still need SIP licenses in the IPO for how many simultaneous calls you wants.  If the Gateway is SIP to PRI or SIP to Analog then you would need those corresponding trunk boards and licensing in the IPO.

Avaya Partner Boston
    Wednesday, March 23, 2011 4:23 PM
  • The manner in which to connect the IPO to the NET, is thru the same T1/E1 that is currently going to the carrier.

Wednesday, March 23, 2011 11:23 PM
  • second posting of this:

Avaya SIP trunk licenses come in 4 different quantities 1,5,10, or 20 trunk licenses at a time. They range from $75 for a single license(#202967) to $1200 for 20 (#202970).

Avaya Partner Boston
    Thursday, March 24, 2011 12:59 PM
  • Is the general information in this thread usually appliable to most IP-PBXs?  I am also utilizing a SIP to SIP connection to my IP-PBX (not Avaya) and they also require a SIP license for each concurrent call.  Only they cost about twice as much as the quoted Avaya prices. 

Could I purchase a gateway device and terminate our T1's from the telco into the gateway, then have the IP-PBX and Lync pointed to the gateway?  What kind of connection would need to be between the gateway and IP-PBX if it were not to require SIP licenses?

• Proposed as answer by BHS Telecom Wednesday, May 11, 2011 7:34 PM
    Friday, April 1, 2011 10:47 PM