Trust database connection for native sql server queries. RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Sirs,

I am able to perform a dynamic query on SQL Server. Also, I can pass correctly the parameters from the current workbook to the native SQL Server query. 

When you change the parameter to rerun the query, there is a popup with an alert like this:

"Native Database Query - you are about to run a native database query. Native queries can make changes to the database. Would you like to run the following query?" 

I know this is a security issue and I think it's fair. I also know that it's very difficult to ever be sure that you have a read-only user on sql server and that your native database query really will read data without side effects.

But, in my use case, I have a read-only database user and those queries won't have any side effect. Is there any workaround to help me trust this database connection? 

I can accept any kind of workaround - even a vba solution is ok.

Thanks in advance, 

Mário Meyrelles

Saturday, August 9, 2014 3:21 PM

Answers

• I'm afraid there's no way today to avoid the prompt the first time a unique SQL query is seen by a specific server.
    Monday, August 11, 2014 2:21 AM

All replies

• I'm afraid there's no way today to avoid the prompt the first time a unique SQL query is seen by a specific server.
    Monday, August 11, 2014 2:21 AM
  • Hi Curt,

Is there any site like "uservoice" to let us propose new functionalities? Is there a formal roadmap? 

Thanks in advance and I see the point of prompting the user everytime when a new request is about to be sent.

Kind Regards,

Mário

Wednesday, August 13, 2014 2:22 PM