none
exchange pop3 server session error RRS feed

• Question

• have a single user mailbox being accessed by multiple outlook 2007 & 2010, win XP and win7.  All getting the email through a pop account, all but one has a recieve error that it can't finish task of downloading messages.  Session times are >500 seconds.  OWA and exchange work fine.  can telnet and get stat of mailbox fine.  mailbox was 11tgb reduced to 7 gb.  error started happening this week.
    Friday, January 6, 2012 8:48 PM

Answers

• Your problem is either with Outlook or your ISP, not with Exchange, which is really peripheral to your issue.  Outlook doesn't serve two masters, i.e., two e-mail services, well, so I'm not surprised you're having problems.

May I suggest that you consolidate your e-mail into Exchange and quit having your users have to figure out where their mail comes from?

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Saturday, January 7, 2012 9:38 PM
  • Hello,

It seems like outlook problem. Please recreate the pop3 account, and check if the problem still exists.

Best Regards,

Lisa

Monday, January 9, 2012 6:53 AM

All replies

• Your problem is either with Outlook or your ISP, not with Exchange, which is really peripheral to your issue.  Outlook doesn't serve two masters, i.e., two e-mail services, well, so I'm not surprised you're having problems.

May I suggest that you consolidate your e-mail into Exchange and quit having your users have to figure out where their mail comes from?

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Saturday, January 7, 2012 9:38 PM
  • Hello,

It seems like outlook problem. Please recreate the pop3 account, and check if the problem still exists.

Best Regards,

Lisa

Monday, January 9, 2012 6:53 AM