SCSM 2012 R2 -Portal Opens with Full Content on Portal Server but not for other Machines RRS feed

• Question

• Setup:

SharePoint 2010Sp2 installed onto a Server, it uses a Remote SQL DB for SharePoint. Both WebContent Server and SharePoint Webparts are installed onto one computer. Both websites are using the exact same certificate that is registered as computer.domain.com

Scenario

When I open up the Https://computer.domain.com:444/SMPortal from the actual Portal server logged on as myself, the Prortal Completely shows everything, and does not ask me to logon, and correctly has the certificate. I can also access the Settings.xml and see it in IE.

The issue is that when I use any other computer, logged in as myself again, it prompts me a few times and then shows me the portal, but none of the Silverlight functionality works, it has the same certificate and is valid, but it has is an empty window where it should show "Need Help?". Silverlight is installed. Also, I cannot access the Settings.xml from another Computer in IE.

Any ideas where to start to figure this out?

David Baur

Friday, April 24, 2015 9:06 PM

Answers

• Fixed it...This was an SPN issue where I had two instances of the SPN for the Self Service Portal.

How to Check: reference http://blog.scsmsolutions.com/2012/11/configure-the-kerberos-for-scsm-2012-spn-and-delegation/

On the Self Service Portal open an elevated command prompt and typed in:

SetSPN -Q HTTP/servername.domain.com

This returned both a HTTPS and HTTP for the same server. (We need to remove the Non-Https one)

To remove the Non-Https SPN I typed the following:

SetSPN -D HTTPS/servername.domain.com DOMAIN\SMService     (<-Use the Service Manager service account as the name)

All Fixed for me.

David Baur

• Marked as answer by David Baur Jr Saturday, April 25, 2015 2:07 AM
    Saturday, April 25, 2015 2:07 AM