none
Smart hosting and adjusting number of concurrent sessions RRS feed

• Question

• Hi. We have our exchange 2007 (192.168.0.10) box configured to smart hosts outbound emails. The people that manage the device used for smart hosting (also on our lab 192.268.0.1) the emails have asked to reduce the concurrent number of sends that exchange is submitting to 1. 

Please can someone direct me to how I can change this setting and how I can view the concurrent send sessions?

The current configuration appears to be causing a bottle neck and creating large mail queue on exchange.

Monday, July 11, 2016 10:09 PM

All replies

• Any ideas?
    Wednesday, July 13, 2016 8:26 AM
  • Hi uklogistics,

Welcome to our forum.

By my understanding, device send outbound message by your Exchange server. If that, we could configure receive connector which is for device on Exchange 2007 with MessageRateLimit, as the following snapshot:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb125140(v=exchg.80).aspx 

Best Regard,

Jim Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

Saturday, July 16, 2016 3:24 AM
  • Hi

Thanks for your reply

Please can you clarify if BACKPRESSURE can be restricting the number of concurrent SMTP connections or restricts SMTP traffic when smarthosting?

The people that manage the smarthost appliance (scans outbound exchange emails for AV / Spam) are saying that only see around 6 concurrent SMTP connections , and they wanted to know how we can increase or decrease this on exchange?

Lastly how do we know if BACKPRESSURE is completely disabled from our Exchange 2007 environment?

thanks

Wednesday, July 27, 2016 10:51 AM