Exchange Server 2003 remote mail problem RRS feed

• Question

• I was hoping someone could help me with a remote mail problem we are having with our exchange server 2003, internally the emails are fine, accessing remote mail from outside the network is also fine but receiving email on mobile devices are not working. It is strange because when I setup K9 Mail for Leon the rep on his Samsung Galaxy it worked but not for devices that had it setup before. Also Melody’s Blackberry is receiving emails but her Samsung Galaxy that was setup before is not, the devices that are not receiving any mail can still see the folders and can still sent but not receive. I have recreated the Default Web Site and the POP3 virtual server but it didn’t work. Any advice would be appreciated?

Thursday, January 12, 2012 11:05 AM

Answers

• What service pack level of Exchange?  Also, these Samsung Galaxies I assume are running Andriod OS on them?  Can you try the Exchange Remote Connectivity Analyzer located here (https://www.testexchangeconnectivity.com/) and choose ActiveSync?  That way we can see if there are any issues with your Exchange ActiveSync from the Internet.   Thanks.

JAUCG
    • Marked as answer by emma.yoyo Thursday, January 19, 2012 1:54 AM
    Saturday, January 14, 2012 6:04 AM
  • Test using the windows emulator, if this works then I would consult your vendor for your mobile devices.
    Sukh
    Monday, January 16, 2012 12:48 AM

All replies

• What service pack level of Exchange?  Also, these Samsung Galaxies I assume are running Andriod OS on them?  Can you try the Exchange Remote Connectivity Analyzer located here (https://www.testexchangeconnectivity.com/) and choose ActiveSync?  That way we can see if there are any issues with your Exchange ActiveSync from the Internet.   Thanks.

JAUCG
    Saturday, January 14, 2012 6:04 AM
  • Test using the windows emulator, if this works then I would consult your vendor for your mobile devices.
    Sukh
    Monday, January 16, 2012 12:48 AM
  • Any new updates?
    JAUCG
    Wednesday, January 18, 2012 9:31 PM