Monitor RRS feed

• Question

• Monitoring has been working fine.  Suddenly it does not update in the workbench.  Http access test show its working and the  sdf file is growing and date stamp is changing.  I see 5 machines in the monitor q.  4 complete and one failed.  If I right click and hit delete on anything in the q it does not delete.  No new builds are adding to the monitor q but build fine - how can I purge the sdf or reinstall the monitoring.  Has anyone seen this before?  Thanks
    Friday, February 5, 2016 12:36 PM

Answers

• This was due to a SQL patch.  I removed and all ok now.
    • Marked as answer by TCF1 Friday, February 5, 2016 1:23 PM
    Friday, February 5, 2016 1:23 PM

All replies

• This was due to a SQL patch.  I removed and all ok now.
    • Marked as answer by TCF1 Friday, February 5, 2016 1:23 PM
    Friday, February 5, 2016 1:23 PM
  • Can you give the KB of the patch so people know what to look for?

Logs are very important. https://keithga.wordpress.com/2014/10/24/video-mdt-2013-log-files-basics-bdd-log-and-smsts-log/ Mention any customizations you have made.

Saturday, February 6, 2016 11:31 AM
  • KB4018073 which is Service Pack 4 for SQL Server 2012. That resolved the issue for me as well.

I know I was late to the game. I didn't run into the issue until this Summer and only just now started investigating it. This was the only thread I could find on the topic. I know the technet blog is not maintained, but if Michael or a colleague of his could update it to include this problem, that would be very helpful.

I wouldn't have known where to look otherwise.

Thanks!

Wednesday, December 19, 2018 12:14 AM