none
DHCP Server - how log ALL denied DHCP request - Windows Server 2016 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a DHCP server on Windows Server 2016 with both "Allow" and "Deny" Filter enabled

Checking in C:\Windows\System32\dhcp logs i have logs only about MAC address currently added in the two filter above.

There is a way to log any other dhcp requests from unknown clients not listed explicitly in the logs above?

From DhcpSrvLog-DAY the Event-ID n. 15 list only denied requests that are preventively added on the "Deny" filter, but i want to logs also all the other requests, all the requests that are not in "Allow" filter.

Tks for your help.

Wednesday, January 16, 2019 3:55 PM

Answers

• Hello!

Have you tried looking in the following event log?

Applications and Services Logs > Microsoft > Windows > DHCP Server > Microsoft-Windows-DHCP Server Events/Operational

Best regards,
    Leon

Blog: https://thesystemcenterblog.com LinkedIn:

• Marked as answer by Davide-82 Thursday, January 17, 2019 7:57 AM
    Wednesday, January 16, 2019 8:05 PM

All replies

• Hello!

Have you tried looking in the following event log?

Applications and Services Logs > Microsoft > Windows > DHCP Server > Microsoft-Windows-DHCP Server Events/Operational

Best regards,
    Leon

Blog: https://thesystemcenterblog.com LinkedIn:

• Marked as answer by Davide-82 Thursday, January 17, 2019 7:57 AM
    Wednesday, January 16, 2019 8:05 PM
  • Thank you Leon, the informations that i was looking for were in Microsoft-Windows-DHCP Server Events/FilterNotifications. Thank you for your hint!
    Thursday, January 17, 2019 8:00 AM
  • Hi,

We are glad to hear that the issue is successfully resolved.

Thanks Leon for sharing the solution and this would be helpful to anyone who encounters similar issues.

If there is anything else we can do for you, please feel free to post in the forum.

Regards,

Zoe

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, January 17, 2019 8:33 AM