none
Clearing the CSS Cache

Question

• Hey folks,

Iam going to do the impossible. Styling a newsletter for Outlook. The problem is, for some css lines I have to import css in the head. The rest is inline.

Works fine, but: Outlook is caching the css file, so my changes are not there.

Question: How can I delete the Outlook Cache, that Outlook is loading the new css file?

later and thanks,
    Tritonus

Tuesday, May 2, 2017 10:55 AM

All replies

• Hi Tritonus,

I am not quite sure about the CSS Cache you mentioned above and the detailed steps you configured in Outlook side. Do you mean you want to use your customize HTML file as the default Outlook email template when you click New Email button?

If that is the case, we can try the following method:

1. Create the Outlook template in HTML. You can do it by using the Outlook email editor (simply create a new message, design its content and make sure its format is set to HTML) or by using any other HTML editor. please make sure that all images are linked using absolute URLs.
    2. After finishing the design and view it as Outlook email, please click File > Save As, select to save the email as a HTML file and save it in the following path: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Stationery.
    3. In Outlook, go to File > Options > Mail, look for the “Stationery and Fonts” button: click on Theme, then select the template that you saved above and click OK to set it as the default email theme.

Then you can click New Email button to confirm if your customize HTML template is applied in Outlook.

Regards,

Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, May 3, 2017 8:54 AM