Shared personal calendar RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We run Exchange server 2013, standard, version 15.0 (build 712.24). We are soon to update to SP1, but we have to wait for fix regarding 3rd party applications..

The issue we experience is regarding calendar sharing. All employees have their own calendar. All persons in the organisation can view this calendar, but it is crucial that 2 persons can edit, delete and add content to all calendars. These two persons are added as editors to each calendar and it worked well on our old 2003 exchange server.

If now one of the two editors try to add contents in any of the calendars, the calendar element is shown for a few seconds before it is removed. If one of the two editors try to edit or delete calendar element, it is correct for a few seconds until it pops back to where it was before the action.

It has now been solved (temporary) by giving these two persons full access to all mailboxes, which is not a good solution!

Does anyone have a solution for this? :)

Don't hesitate to ask if you need any further information!

Thursday, March 13, 2014 8:34 AM

All replies

• Are you certain that cached mode is not enabled for these shared calendars?

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

Thursday, May 15, 2014 4:34 AM
  • Hello I. A,

Our organization happens to work in the same way as you decribe here.

Just a shot in the open here maybe, but have you tried to manually invite all the people you need to look into, and edit their calendars/agenda's (from within the editor's Outlook envorinment of course)?

You can invite people from within Outlook to accept people as editors to their own personal agenda's. The person on the receiving just needs to accept the invitation. It may seem redunadant since you already assigned them, but something may still not work properly. I used this method and here in the office everything works like it should.

I hope you find a solution!

With kind regards, Niek

Thursday, May 15, 2014 10:26 AM
  • Hi and thank you so much for the reply,

We have enabled cached mode in our Exchange; shouldn't we do that when using calendar sharing with higher rights than reading (e.g. editor)?

I deactivated cached mode and it seemed like it worked out then.

Thursday, June 19, 2014 8:11 AM
  • Anytime you have two people modifying a single data point, there will be conflicts, particularly where one person's edits overwrite another's.  When you enable cached mode, it's worse because they're editing a local copy and then it gets synchronized to the mailbox.  The added latency makes it more likely they'll step on each other.  The only way to keep schedule issues from happening is to designate one person who makes all the changes and that person uses the same client all the time.

Maybe these links will help you understand.

http://www.networkworld.com/community/blog/exchange-outlook-calendaring-problems-lost-me

http://www.networkworld.com/community/ExchangeCalendaringProblemSolutions

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

Thursday, June 19, 2014 11:08 PM