My computer has blue file names RRS feed

• Question

• When I try to defrag my PC it says defrag my not be on my PC...I searched and found that many files have changed from black print to blue. This includes defrag...I recently had problems, and tried restore, but even the restore wont work.
     The PC works fine, just some programs stopped working. Like my Outlook express...it works but I cant print text into an email I create or reply to....what I've been doing is typing my message in the subject line. then send it fine. Something is bonkers.
    • Edited by navsniper Monday, July 2, 2012 7:05 PM
    Monday, July 2, 2012 7:02 PM

All replies

• Usually blue text filenames mean the files are compressed. Try going to the folder which has files with blue filenames, right-click it > Properties > Advanced.

If "Compress contents to save disk space" is selected, then uncheck it and click OK. Click OK again in the Properties window, and select "Apply changes to this folder, subfolders and files". 

If "Compress contents to save disk space" is unchecked, then select it and click OK. Click OK again in the Properties window, and select "Apply changes to this folder, subfolders and files".  Now repeat the same, but this time check the compressing option.

Tuesday, July 3, 2012 8:32 AM