SharePoint Best Practice Analyzer error message: The SharePoint 3.0 Central Administration Web application account and the Windows SharePoint Services Timer Service account must be the same RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

When I run the Best Practice Analyzer for wss 3.0 and SharePoint Server 2007, it gives the error message: "SharePoint Best Practice Analyzer error message: The SharePoint 3.0 Central Administration Web application account and the Windows SharePoint Services Timer Service account must be the same."

Please help me to resolving this problem and it would be excellent if you could give detail steps for it as I am new to SharePoint.

Thank you.

Richard

Monday, June 25, 2012 4:12 AM

Answers

• The account used to run the web application application pool in IIS is not same as the windows timer services in the server. You have to use same account for both these services and this error will go.

in IIS:

cmd >>inetmgr >> click on the application pool of your web app >> properties >> identities > change the user id and password to same as the windows services. Further make sure the account should have required access to be able to run the web app pool and windows timer service.

You can edit windows timer service identity too by cmd>>services.msc >>locate windows timer service>>right click properties >> change identity used for the running the service.

Ashish Ranjan (Please click "Marked As Answer" if a post solves your problem or "Vote As Helpful" if a post has been useful to you)

• Marked as answer by Pengyu Zhao Friday, July 6, 2012 7:04 AM
    Monday, June 25, 2012 5:48 AM