none
Reappearing "Administrative Tools" folder RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys,

First off; thanks for SteadyState! It's an amazing piece of software and has really saved me a lot of time.
      I'm using it in a retail environment, customers come into our shop and view our catalogue on our website before they buy.

It's performing exactly as it should, apart from one strange problem.
      Even though the "Administrative Tools" folder is set not to appear on the start menu, it keeps appearing on it!
      The folder may be blank, but it's just a heavy annoyance.

I have almost every lockdown option ticked on SteadyState and can't see anything obvious that is wrong, i've even tried enabling it to show on the startmenu then disabling it again, still no joy.
      I also tried the registry scripts to disable it, still nothing.

Can anyone help?
    Thanks in advance,
    Sean
    Sunday, May 18, 2008 8:41 PM

Answers

•  

Hi Sean, do you mean the Administrative tools folder in Control Panel? This folder does not appear in Start menu by default and we do not have an option in SteadyState to disable it in Start menu. I suggest we log on the user and simply delete the shortcut in Start menu and check the result.  

Tuesday, May 20, 2008 5:19 AM

All replies

•  

Hi Sean, do you mean the Administrative tools folder in Control Panel? This folder does not appear in Start menu by default and we do not have an option in SteadyState to disable it in Start menu. I suggest we log on the user and simply delete the shortcut in Start menu and check the result.  

Tuesday, May 20, 2008 5:19 AM
  • Managed to fix this,

I had removed the "Administrative Tools" folder from the "All Users" folder, therefore when the account was logged in, it must be checking for it's existance; when it isn't there, it recreates it in the user's "Start Menu" folder.
    Tuesday, May 20, 2008 8:56 PM