none
multyple administrator credencials RRS feed

• Question

• I need to scan a network that have multiple local "administrator" accounts with different passwords

in the inventory and assessment wizard > all computer credentials, I add the first administrator and password pair successfully when I try to add another administrator I get the error:
    ---------------------------
    Error
    The account name already exists. Please enter a different account name and try again.
    OK   
    how can I add more the one "administrator" credentials?

Thursday, February 14, 2013 1:27 PM

All replies

1. To enter multiple accounts that have the same name but different passwords, you have to choose the "Manually enter computer names and credentials" discovery method in the wizard.
    2. Then skip the "All Computers Credentials" and "Credentials Order" pages of the wizard.
    3. From the "Enter Computers Manually" wizard page, choose Create
    4. Add the computer name or names that use the same user/password
    5. Then choose Save and New and enter another computer name or names that have the same user but different passwords.
    6. Keep doing this until you have all of them entered. Then you will have a list of manual entries you can review
    8. Click Next and you're done.

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. Please VOTE as HELPFUL if the post helps you. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Tuesday, February 19, 2013 7:47 PM